Thursday, May 30, 2013

And then...I am sad

Why did they cancel Sports Night? Peter Krause, Felicity Huffman, Josh Charles, Josh Malina...2 seasons from 1998 thru 2000.  Funny, smart, thoughtful. It got a rough deal from ABC, but it's getting me through right now. God, I love this show. A show about producing an ESPN style show that minimally has to do with sports. Life, Relationships and sports...  Look it up someday. Even though the first season has a laugh track, still funny as hell. It must be karma that I have both seasons with me today. Watching it, each 22 minute episode, having it in my head through the earbuds,  has lifted my spirits. Why do I need my spirit lifed?
Is today your first day?!
Its the day after. At least this year I made it into work. There have been seasons that have been more devastating emotionally. Earlier exits after stronger seasons. I remember an exit the night before Mother's Day. Spent the day pouting in bed. Just wanted to be left alone and family obliged.
Did we really want a championship for a half season? A season with an *. I have been mad as hell because they blew a 2 game lead and had so many chances to close and didn't get it done. I have been hopeful for next season. Taking out the 2nd seed and going to game 7  with the 1st seed, who still needed overtime to win, shows a lot of promise. The rookies made mistakes but they contributed more. They will be more than ready come September training camp.  And then, so will I.  So, are you MAD or HOPEFUL?
GO KINGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment